What is shoulder tendonitis?
Shoulder tendonitis is an inflammation of your structure or biceps tendon. Your structure consists of the muscles and tendons in your shoulder. They connect your upper long bone to your scapula .
Your injury may range from mild to severe inflammation of most of your structure . When your structure tendon gets inflamed and thickened, it's also called structure tendonitis. Your structure tendon may get trapped under the highest bone of your shoulder (acromion). It is formed by a part of your shoulder blade (the scapula).
What causes shoulder tendonitis?
Shoulder tendonitis is often caused by a tendon being pinched by nearby structures or because of Repetitive Trauma or Injuries.
The condition often occurs in certain sports that need your arm to maneuver over your head repeatedly. Such sports include baseball, weightlifting, volleyball, racket sports, and certain swimming strokes.
Your injury may range from mild inflammation to severe inflammation of most of your rotator cuff. When your structure tendon becomes inflamed and thickened, it's also called structure tendonitis.
What are the symptoms of shoulder tendonitis?
a). Symptoms may be a bit different for each person. Symptoms may include:
- a. Inability to hold your arm in certain positions
- b. Shoulder pain or soreness
Physiothrapy & Chiropractic Treatment : -
- Ice pack application- A Cold Compress or Ice Pack work best to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation for new injuries, re-injury and during immediate post surgery recovery
- Dry Needling- The goal of the dry needling therapy for shoulder pain is to produce a muscular twitch and subsequent relaxation of the painful knot in the shoulder muscle & to reduce inflammation.
- PNF Approach- Hold Relax, Dynamic Reversal techniques of PNF Therapy with UE patterns works wonders to reduce pain, improves strength, coordination & ROM.
- Laser Therapy:- Class 4 Deep tissue laser therapy is very effective in reducing pain & inflammation.
- Strengthening:- once the Pain lowers down, muscle strengthening is the key for long term solution, At Osteorehab clinic, Dr Rohit Gupta & team use PNF strengthening program with resistance based exercises, stabilising reversal & Rhythmic stabilisation.
For more information take an appointment with our neuro-physiotherapist in gurgaon